Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Project Life

Hey everyone!!

Here is my latest Project Life spread:


I used the January 2016 Hip Kit Club PL kit, Main kit and embellishment kit. So many possibilities! So many small pieces to add the perfect accent and also so many papers, colors and patterns to layer and give dimension and interest to every pocket.


Throughout the spread i played with pinks, turquoise and yellow. I played with foil, very thick chipboard pieces, shiny brads, puffy stickers.


Here's an example of layering. I added vellum, cardstock and paper. I used my typewriter for my journaling and my date stamp. I need to remember to add the date more often throughout my PL album. Now that I scrapbook by month, I like to have more places when I can have a grip on the specific date.


Gorgeous gorgeous brads!!! And glittery accents too.


Typewriter + puffy stickers for the win. Its really nice when you can use a large piece, here the number 2, and layer next to it many smaller pieces that will take up the same height. Notice how the pieces here create steps.


Highlight on part of a card by adding one small embellishment. The red really pops out of the card now.


Something new for me, I typed my journaling on tone on tone paper strips. I also added a label on which I didn't write. Gasp!! But it's all ok. :) It's really cute actually.


In the PL cards pack, there are many cards with wholes in them, like here, the heart. I folded a piece of vellum and stitched it in the back of the heart, leaving an opening to add some sequins (from my stash). I stitched the opening and added a chipboard heart.







To write on stickers like I did here, I run my whole sheet of stickers through my typewriter.






Layering of stickers and chipboard are fun. It does get really thick though. Think of using these tiny pieces that are often coming in the letter packs.



Foil and glitter make for a good mix.


Small sticker labels are great to add details without having to write much.


On this cute card I typed some journaling and I added some gold heart rub-ons. And on the card our Elf had left us, I simply added an heart embellishment with tiny staples.




I used my fuse tool to create a see through pocket. The aqua acrylic circles were simply too cote not to use them :) And because they were see through, I just didn't want anything behind them. It gorgeous with the light coming through. I added an ampersand girl die cut, a wood veneer and some gold string.




Cute chipboard heart buttons in different colors, textures and sizes.




And finally, I got great use of my alphas. Mix the fonts, sizes and colors. Those big chipboard or die cut pieces are great to add gorgeousness to a simple card quickly.

Hope you like it!! Have a look at the Hip Kit Club January 2016 kits. If you are looking for a kit containing as many embellishments as cards,  I highly recommend these kits!! You get really a lot for your money!!

Talk to you again soon!!
Marie

4 comments:

Marie-Michèle Livernoche said...

WOW!! un des tes plus belle pages!!! Hâte de recevoir mon kit!! ;) Bravo!!!

Gab said...

You take the best photos! Great pages

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you so much Gab! This means a lot to me!!! xo

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

merci marie ;) xox