Saturday, November 7, 2015

Citrus Twist Kits - Project Life

Hi everyone!!

Here's another PL layout, this time I made it with my November Citrus Twist Kit. One of the things I like most about the Citrus Twist Kits is that they are always bright and happy!! So I can scrap summer photos with my November kit if that's what I want!! I'm not a fan of dark, muted, colors. I don't have a problem with this kit! :)






On that layout I used my typewriter to make myself some customized labels. :) There are lots of fun vellum embellishments in the kit (Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection). I paired them with vellum tape and puffy stickers.


This month I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the wood veneer!!!!!! Look at these stars! And the round "this is what it's all about" down here. The strip of paper at the top of the patterned papers are great to make flags and labels. Again, I used my typewriter. :)


The "together" is a clear embellishment and I stitched it in place following the curve of the circle on the journaling card. I accentuated the round lines with some more stitching.


Here I played with the stamp set. The stamps are really small and just PERFECT for everyday life situations (good and bad with the smiley and frowned faces!). I printed the e-mail I received about head lice in Arielle's class, I cut a small piece of it in 3x4 size and I stamped over it with red ink. Finally I used a red pen (just a normal Stampin'UP! marker) to circle the words.


Making cards out of patterned paper is now a trademark in my albums. :) I especially love the ones with horizontal lines like this. It gives me a good base to write. The two little leaves were cut out of the label sheet included with the PL kit.


Journaling stripes made with my typewriter and white cardstock.


Look at the wooden heart!!!! <3 p="">




Lots of cute pieces in this kit. "Live simply, Dream Big" is a transparency that I stitched in place. I added the die cut butterfly, folded the wings back a little and added some clear "wink of Stella".


Here you can see a little bit of the shimmer.


2 patterned papers make for color and interest :)


Golden letter stickers are very handy and they are very thin and adhere perfectly to photos. They almost blend in as if they were printed or a rub-on!! Gorgeous.




 When using a busy background, I try to keep what goes on top very simple.


Vellum tape, gold foil star and wood veneer. I typed my journaling on vellum to get a softer look.



And finally, a label and couple of stickers.

Come back tomorrow for the next spread using my November Citrus Twist Kit!! :)

Marie

2 comments:

Gab said...

These pages are GREAT! I just love how you printed the lice email and embellished it - what a great way to include some memorabilia! You are so talented!

Faith said...

Good readinng your post